Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Shells with Sausage, Beans, and Mascarpone, take two

I bought spicy sausage. 

I cooked the spicy sausage.  The color was different from the mild.  The scent was pleasant.  There was a scent in the first place.

I tasted the spicy sausage, awaiting the flavor to come to my mouth.  But alas!  There was no flavor, merely spice.  Damnit.

Ok, so maybe turkey isn't the answer.  Ground beef?  Too easy.  Too much like Hamburger helper.   Pork?  That is what the majority of sausages are made from.  Let's try that next time.


A few other notes:  I used great northern beans instead of cannelini.  Apparently our supermarket has trouble keeping cannelini beans in stock, because this was the second week in a row that they were out.  I also added more oregano in hopes that the dish would be more flavorful; it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment