Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Red Pesto Kabobs, take two

My second attempt at these kabobs went a little bit better. They also looked more delicious.


I made a small adjustment to the pesto, which will be updated soon in the recipe post. I used 1/3 cup of olive oil, rather than the 1/4th cup used before. To counteract the added taste of the olive oil, I added another tablespoon of sun dried tomatoes. It made it a bit creamier, and I was pleased to see it stuck to the food a bit better.

On the kabobs, we had a bell pepper taste test. We used red, orange, and yellow peppers, along with pre-sliced button mushrooms, and shrimp, of course. I'm not a fan of bell peppers, but I'm occasionally willing to try food I don't like in different ways. Jeff and I agreed that the red peppers tasted the best, so we may have a keeper for the final recipe. I prepared the mushrooms in two different ways; since the slices were so large, I kept some whole, and others I split in half. I found that the smaller pieces were better cooked than the others. I'm still not completely happy with the taste of the mushrooms, so I may continue to experiment with different smaller types.

I want to continue to experiment with onions and pineapple, and anything else I might think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment