Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Italian Shrimp

Rarely do I make a meal for the first time and be completely happy with it. On top of that, rarely do I make a meal right the first time if it's coming from a new source. Tonight was one of those rare nights where almost everything turned out perfectly. This is, to my own shock, a recipe card post.

Tonights dinner was a recipe card from Meijer, originally called Festive Shrimp Capellini. Capellini is a spaghetti-like pasta, thinner than angel hair. Because of my general frustration with long pasta, I decided to switch out the capellini for penne rigatoni. I changed the name of the recipe to reflect this.

Due to the fact I grabbed the wrong size shrimp (it was a theme in my shopping this week, apparently), the shrimp was a little overcooked. I hope with the correct shrimp size, this will be fixed.

(Serves two)

Ingredients:
1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup Italian dressing
5 oz penne pasta
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
3 green onions, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 large tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning

Place shrimp in a medium bowl; add dressing.
Cover and refrigerate up to 30 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot, set aside.
In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium high heat.
Add onions, garlic, and parsley; cook and stir 2 minutes.
Add shrimp and dressing; cook until shrimp are opaque, stirring occasionally.
Stir in tomato, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste; cook and stir until heated through.
Add shrimp mixture to pasta in pot; toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment