Monday, December 6, 2010

Meatloaf, Take 2.

So, I looked on food.com (was recipezaar.com once), and looked through some of their most popular meatloaf recipes.  One of the things I have learned to do with online recipes is to not only search by ratings,  but to read a good number of the comments.  The comments often provide information regarding substitution, timing, even temperature variations that might be relevant.  Plus, there's the whole thing about opinions.  The meatloaf I ended up choosing was one that was baked for an hour and a half.  A long time, compared to the ten or twenty minute microwave meatloaf, but I had to be fair and follow directions before I modify.  The spice list on this thing was hefty, but promising.  Onion, parsley, worcestershire, chili powder, sage, and garlic powder.  And, the normal breadcrumbs compared to my quirky rice crispies.  It was also coated in a glaze of ketchup and brown sugar.

So, an hour and something later...


Pictures of meatloaf are difficult.  Attractive pictures, doubly so.  I do believe I improved from the previous meatloaf, if nothing else.

In preparation, I grabbed the salsa bottle if we needed an additional moisture component.  To my surprise, we didn't!  The taste was pretty darn magical...for a meatloaf.  Very moist, and the glaze added incredible flavor as well.  Now, the thing I want to know, is if I can create the same result with the same recipe, only microwaved.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment