Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Mushroom soy chicken of amazingness"

A while back, I did a recipe from KNACK Quick and Easy Cooking that involved chicken on kabobs, called Asian Chicken Kabobs.  The only thing Asian about it is that the recipe involves ginger and soy sauce, so I'm looking to ditch the title.  The title above in quotes is the working title for now, suggested by Elizabeth.  I'm surprised she didn't suggest something like "Rufus" or "Carly".  My only concern about the working title is that it could imply that the chicken is made of soy, which it certainly wasn't.

The recipe for the kabobs was very simple; marinate chicken and mushrooms in a mixture, then grill.  Because grilling isn't something I can do all year long (well, I could, but I really don't like the idea of standing outside in 10 degree weather), I wanted something that I could enjoy inside with the same great flavors.

I started out by marinating the cut up chicken and mushrooms, just the same as with the kabobs.  The marinade consists of soy sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, garlic, ginger, and green onions.  After the 2 hours had passed, I heated up the saute pan, and poured the chicken, mushrooms, and marinade onto it.  After cooking it for about ten minutes, it was ready to be served.


The dish tasted delicious.  There were things that it was lacking, such as rice, and frankly, colors besides brown.  I think that the addition of carrots and tomatoes (not during the marinade) might offer a little more color and taste.  Thankfully, there isn't much taste-wise that I need to work on with this recipe, so it should be very easy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment